 Off-Topic / Debate / 24254
Re: Hallowed be his name, part III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:37:39 GMT

The whole Iran-Contra thing was dreamed up by the Clintons to
distract media attention away from Whitewhater.

This is absolutely the most absurd statement I have ever read here on LUGNET!

Your memory must be as bad as Ollie North's.  I can still vividly remember the
outrage that I felt watching North's congressional testimony about Iran/Contra.
His smug expression as he claimed that his memory had been "shredded" when
questioned about the illegal shredding of official documents related to the
scandal will always be etched in my mind.  Especially because it is the same
facial expression that Bush Jr. wears whenever he is telling a fish story.
(Watch the corners of his mouth when he's attempting to evade a question and
you'll see what I mean.)

The principals involved in Iran/Contra never denied that they did wrong; they
merely claimed that they couldn't remember exactly what they had done.  Reminder
to Ollie:  You helped to import drugs into our country to pay for weapons to
support groups that have since become a major threat to world peace.  And you
did so in order to circumvent a congressional order that specifically forbade
you from providing support to these groups.

If Iran/Contra was "dreamed up by the Clintons" then I must be Bonzo's uncle.

- Chris.