 Off-Topic / Debate / 24131
  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) This is only part of the picture, but you do have a point. You may find it interesting to search Google for “(URL) birth control>” The reality is that developed countries are substantially responsible for much of the problems in the developing (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) Hey now, I *am* one of those farmers. Pumpkins, not corn. What do you recommend *I* do. I can't exactly dump the extras in developing countries, but I have donated hundreds to local school fund raisers. Is that cutting into the 3rd world (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  country bumpkin's 'n' pumpkins

(...) Forget the developing world for now. Let's pretend I'm a pumpkin farming country bumpkin getting a subsidy from the EU to grow the awful things even though there is no market for them. Like you describe, I sell my surplus at a discount and (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: country bumpkin's 'n' pumpkins

(...) [snip] Holy Cow! I'm finally getting through. Yes! That's what I've been trying to tell you. Take a break from .debate. Grab a toy and start some role playing. You'll feel much better. Let me recommend this one. (URL) comes with a pumpkin, a (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: country bumpkin's 'n' pumpkins

(...) ZING! Good one, Don! :-) Too bad the set doesn't come with the (URL) so that the boy could hit it with the stick. On second thought, that might "hit" too close to home;-) JOHN (hehe..., a troll:-) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: country bumpkin's 'n' pumpkins

(...) Well, if you're gonna play hit the bunny. I'd play with (URL) this one>. "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!" Now where's that monty python lego movie... Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: country bumpkin's 'n' pumpkins

(...) Not without the Holy hand grenade of Antioch I won't! (...) Bummer. It seems to have disappeared from the LEGO web site:-( I have a little test of character, Don, and you passed the first one: 1. Must have love and appreciation of the work of (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)