 Off-Topic / Debate / 24099
    Re: What's a freedom fighter? —Richard Parsons
   (...) Ha! No convicts in my line as far as I know (I'm sorry to say), but definitely some displaced Irish, downtrodden English, and the odd Scot. Mind you, that was all a long time ago, and its not like genealogy has been a big interest in my family (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What's a freedom fighter? —John Neal
   (...) Then we may be the same. Our FF were very wary of government and set up our Constitution to basically protect the people's freedom from the government they were establishing. Our heritage is colorful, but not for the same reasons as yours;-) (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: What's a freedom fighter? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) C /be/have been/ (...) Too bad we've deviated so far from that in the 200+ years since then. c.f. the Patriot Act for instance. ++Lar (who just got a telemarketing call from the GOP with one of those quasi surveys... after answering a few (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)