 Off-Topic / Debate / 24068
Re: What's a freedom fighter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 02:06:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
His writing is fine and you know it.

It's grammatically correct, yes but rhetorically, it's quite weak.

See, now that's what I'm talking about.  You debators probably all
know what you meant by that sentence.  I'm gonna have to look up
"rhetorically" and find out what it means in that context.

He dodges questions, doesn't address refutations, writes as if he
doesn't get the point of other people's arguments even when spelt
out in detail, and doesn't make his own points well at all.

Well, he's got me fooled then.  I have enough trouble getting my
sentences grammatically and dislexically correct, let alone rhetorically,
which I still have to look up.

Don