 Off-Topic / Debate / 24051
Re: What's a freedom fighter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2004 18:53:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   It’s actually your rabid anti-American sentiments that I find disturbing.

Would you say that quite so readily if I were an American?

Sure, why not.

Let’s look at my “disturbing” comment again:

Don: Were the IRA ever called freedom fighters?

Scott: I expect they were; much of their funds came from the USA after all.

Read and think about what I’m linking.
  1. I’m saying the IRA and the USA are linked (your countrymen part funded them).
  2. I’m saying they did so not out of hate, but because the thought they were “freedom fighters”.
What is your point?

   Hateful sentiments are disturbing regardless of the source. For instance, I find Dave Schuler’s rabidness disturbing as well, but I take comfort in the fact that he’s still somehow able to find time for the megablocks.

Forget Dave! What about John Neal; he is clearly anti-American if one accepts freedom and liberty as being core American values. Do you agree?

Scott A

   You are worrysome because of your one track mind, narrowly focused on any and all pain and suffering that may have been caused by me. Snap out of it. This is a toy forum. Share some toys. If you want to share your daily pain and suffering go start a blog.

Don