 Off-Topic / Debate / 2366
    Re: web surveys —Chris Moseley
    Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote (...) Depends very much on how you look at it, IMO. I will probably be using MySQL shortly because it's the cheapest usable solution for my situation. And yes, it will cost me $US200, regardless of platform, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: web surveys —Larry Pieniazek
   Just be careful with MySQL. It currently supports NO transaction or concurrency control whatever. If you're good and you're careful, that's OK but you need to be aware. There are other solutions out there for about the same per seat cost that do (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

        Re: web surveys —Chris Moseley
    Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote (...) I am aware. What I'm doing is read-only so that's not really an issue. All I want is SQL-type queries on a huge mound of text data, so MySQL seems suitable. Moz (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)