 Off-Topic / Debate / 2373
Re: web surveys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:08:10 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote
Just be careful with MySQL. It currently supports NO transaction or
concurrency control whatever. If you're good and you're careful, that's
OK but you need to be aware.

I am aware. What I'm doing is read-only so that's not really an issue.
All I want is SQL-type queries on a huge mound of text data, so MySQL
seems suitable.

Moz