 Off-Topic / Debate / 23340
  Re: This is where I actually want a gun

(...) The idea of using desth row prisoners as "parts" was explored in a SciFi story by Larry Niven (can't remeber the name). The hypothesis of his story was that if the condemed were used for parts, then over time, more and more crimes would become (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This is where I actually want a gun

(...) Several, actually... you and I were posting at about the same time and I gave some suggestions for finding them. (...) There IS that tiny downside, yes. Hence another reason to oppose the death penalty. (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This is where I actually want a gun

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lester Witter wrote: <snip> (...) It was also used in "Lexx" the miniseries... THough in that series, iirc, almost any offence got you put up on the slab to be parsed (even being late for work!), and, again iirc, much (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This is where I actually want a gun

(...) I fixed it, there is something there now if you click that ersatz link. :-) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

"lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:HstoCt.1xzx@lugnet.com... (...) story (...) that if (...) would (...) man was (...) This is definitely a concern. I think I would be concerned even if it was done in such a way as to not be (...) (20 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)