 Off-Topic / Debate / 23302
  Re: Some people call Buicks "boats"...

(...) Hmmmm, I'm not sure where you are going with that analogy. Tom Cruise remains Tom Cruise whatever I do, the Queen is your Queen because you subject yourself to her. (...) Aha! You admit that the UK does not live up to its propaganda! You (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Some people call Buicks "boats"...

(...) I was referring jokingly to the reverence Tom is shown. (...) The UK is a parliamentary democracy with a constitutional monarch. She’d be set aside if she tried to use what little powers she still holds. Interestingly, she could have stopped (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Some people call Buicks "boats"...

(...) He is? He is a popular actor, but I wouldn't call it reverance. Hmmmm. (...) Mostly, I'm just teasing about the Queen. :-) (...) There is more flag-waving in this country than in Britain (see the John Neal prototype), or such is my impression. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)