 Off-Topic / Debate / 23091
Re: Are you being secured? (or ...TSA? no: TIA! )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 12:13:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   The Transportation Security Adminstration may be misnamed... there’s an “in” missing, as in “INsecurity”

http://tzaddik.us/lilpoh/archives/000789.html http://reason.com/0308/fe.bd.suspected.shtml http://www.nationalreview.com/dunphy/dunphy200401070913.asp http://www.reason.com/hitandrun/003874.shtml#003874

and there’s a great article in the Feb issue of Reason as well.

Well, it looks like I might have to get fingerprinted when I arrive for BF PDX, and I don’t like that one bit! Not sure yet - they’re still debating whether countries that have visa exemptions (incl Aus for stays less than 90 days) will also be exempt from such “security measures”. And Australia has also decided to go the same way as the US and have a digital photo on a chip in passports from October. I don’t see how thats any more secure than a paper photo, but oh well.

I’m sure all this is doing wonders for the American tourist industry!

Scott A

Have you had a look at Arthurs Seat Yet?

ROSCO