 Off-Topic / Debate / 23085
Re: Freedom of Religion? (was Re: A retrospective on moral clarity)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:22:06 GMT

   Here.

Very nice. This will prove to the world that the US isn’t at war against Islam.

Dave!

None of the detainees have ‘spiritual guidance’ from their particular religions flavour--so at least there’s no ‘favouritism’ going on--all detainees are being treated equally in this regard.

Eh, there are larger fish to fry, as pointed out in the article--detainees without legal representation, or even a charge to keep ‘em detained....

Here’s something completely different but I’m throwing it out to all the o-t.d intelligencia (‘cause in my mind, they’d be the best versed and have the greatest chance of answering this question...)

It was quoted on two of my favourite shows (remain nameless)--(paraphrased)

“Does it matter how one falls--if the fall is all that remains, it matters quite a bit”

I have no idea where this particular quotation comes from, and it’s been in the back of my mind for quite some time--any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Dave K