 Off-Topic / Debate / 23086
23085  |  23087
Subject:
Interesting article on Wal-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:10:12 GMT

Here's an interesting article from Fast Company

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

I actually found the link on an EDI mailing list I'm on (Wal-Mart requires all
suppliers to use EDI in trading with it, good for us since we're pretty strong
in EDI, but not necessarily great for the suppliers if they're not ready for EDI
yet)

As to the source, I've gotten Fast Company on and off over the years, mostly if
I could get it free or for unusable air miles or whatever, because I wasn't sure
it was actually worth paying for, we get too many magazines as it is. But this
article is better than most of their stuff.

I personally am not drawing any particular conclusions from it but did want to
share it with the group.

Interested readers may also find this thread of some interest as well

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=20807

++Lar