 Off-Topic / Debate / 22838
Re: Shopoholic stampede
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:35:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:
This BBC article angered me:

Shoppers lined up trample a woman over a sale on DVD players. Only the woman's
sister and a store employee come to her aid.

But, to add insult to injury, after that ordeal, the company offers to put an
item on hold for her, and a Wal-Mart rep is quoted as saying, "We are very
disappointed this happened, we want her to come back as a shopper."

Forget about her health and safety, they just want her back as a shopper.

Pigs.

-Tim

Before this type of thing usually happened iduring 'christmas sales' like the
'tickle me elmo' idiocy that happened a few years back...

Now it looks like this sort of thing happens everywhere and at any time--'look
out!  It's an 'every person for him or herself!''

The more I read in the newspaper, and see with my own eyes, the more I weep for
humanity, or the lack thereof, in the world today.

Dave K