 Off-Topic / Debate / 22871
Re: Shopoholic stampede (UPDATE)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 04:37:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:
This BBC article angered me:

Shoppers lined up trample a woman over a sale on DVD players. Only the woman's
sister and a store employee come to her aid.

But, to add insult to injury, after that ordeal, the company offers to put an
item on hold for her, and a Wal-Mart rep is quoted as saying, "We are very
disappointed this happened, we want her to come back as a shopper."

Forget about her health and safety, they just want her back as a shopper.

Pigs.

-Tim

It turns out the poor trampled woman has been "injured" enough in the past that
she has a history of 16 lawsuits, 10 of which she recived money for. The pig
smell is still there however I don't think it's coming from Wal-Mart!-Ken

Can you point to an online article to that effect?  I've heard of serial victims
before, but I'd like to read more info if it's available.

Dave!

Here you go:
http://www.local6.com/money/2683654/detail.html

Julie