 Off-Topic / Debate / 22747
Re: A THREAT TO PEACE?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:16:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Harvey Henkelman wrote:
   Those same Europeans also forgot who liberated their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents during WWII. They also forgot who rebuilt France, Belgium, West Germany, and Japan as well.

-HRH (Wishes the US would withdraw ALL foreign aid and defense agreements)

How does one respond to this without starting a flame war...

It was the Allies who ‘won the war’ and ‘liberated Europe’. As for the rebuilding, didn’t the allied nations all contribute? And wasn’t it a good thing that they did?

I think I may have mentioned that it wasn’t until the US got “kicked in the teeth” that got them moving on the war cause--It wasn’t Hitler marching into Poland and taking over the entire country that was the “Day that will live in Infamy”, it was 2 years later when a strategic military base was bombed.

Weren’t the Russians part of the forces? I guess we could thank them for the efforts they put into the war as well. I wonder how the war would have turned out had they not added their forces.

This on Rememberance Day.

Lest We (all of us) Forget...

Dave K