 Off-Topic / Debate / 22647
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:58:58 GMT

   Ultimately evil will be destroyed. Is this a temporal issue? God allows evil only because God respects our free will. People choose evil.

Funny:

I want you to express your free will. If you do good, I will love you and reward you in this life and with the attainment of heaven in the afterlife. If you do evil, I will smite you and burn you down in this life and punish you with eternal fire in the afterlife. But you are “free” to choose as pleases you. Choose.

It seems to me that if you actually believe this mumbo-jumbo then that’s not really much of a choice. Frankly, how is this different from having a gun held to your head. Sure, you don’t have to do what I say -- but if not: Bang! Bang!

-- Hop-Frog