 Off-Topic / Debate / 22627
    Waffling —Richard Marchetti
   Warhol 'copy' row engulfs art world (URL) Andy Warhol often left assistants to "mass produce" many of his most famous pictures, among them images of the Campbell soup tin. edt: snip The irony in the row is that Warhol himself questioned the idea of (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Waffling —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Always a gray area. I have three Ansel Adams photos. Taken from his original negatives, printed by his assistant according to his instructions (Alan Ross, by the way, still the only person approved to make new prints), but they are not (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Waffling —Richard Marchetti
   (...) What kind of tulip madness was this? Are we talking "Samurai Bunny" comics? Where, when, and why? Do they maintain this absurd value? One of my better killings in comics -- of stuff with which I was actually willing to part -- was for the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Waffling —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Usagi Yojimbo. To address stuff you go into below regarding eBay, I noted that CGC graded comics went for considerably more than those that weren't graded, though the cost of grading meant you had to have a relatively expensive comic in the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)