 Off-Topic / Debate / 22588
  Re: Ecce Homo -- Mel Gibson's Passion (more fluff, sorta...)

Looks like Mel caved after all... The last bit I saw on this yesterday on CNN claimed the film would release on Ash Wednesday next year with subtitles. ::sigh:: Maybe the DVD will release the originally intended, non-subtitled version. Then again, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Ecce Homo -- Mel Gibson's Passion (more fluff, sorta...)

(...) It's not about "art" for him, it's about trying to recreate the event as closely as humanly possible for whatever reason. What a bummer that Jesus wasn't crucified in the 20th century where the event could have been captured on video for (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Ecce Homo -- Mel Gibson's Passion (more fluff, sorta...)

(...) If we are gonna quote J.C. Superstar, let's at least get the quote salient to Hoppy's message. :-) You'd have managed better If you'd had it planned Now why'd you choose such a backward time And such a strange land? If you'd come today You (...) (21 years ago, 24-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ecce Homo -- Mel Gibson's Passion (more fluff, sorta...)

(...) Yes, well, I was quoting the critics (the press and such). You quoted Judas, but perhaps his biggest critic of all. No matter how powerful Mel's work is, I doubt it will top J.C. Superstar (for me, at least) [JOHN] (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)