 Off-Topic / Debate / 22538
Re: Iraq (was Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:33:03 GMT

   Not to really be flippant--so gov’t officials aren’t allowed to own guns?

LOL. No they just are not considered part of the militia.

Any time I’ve heard of bills being presented to “regulate” the sales, distribution, or ownership of guns in your country, a huge furor erupts. Guns, or the use thereof, in your country are not “well regulated” at all.

You do know that there are more Americans in formally declared militia groups than in the US Military right?

   If you “have to use the definitions from when it was written”, hhen you have to use the civilization that these definitions pertain to. America 200+ years ago is not America today. Your society has evolved since 1776,

Yes but human nature has not.

   But the bigger issue is, should you? Should you own a gun? I have shown that guns are, in fact, a detriment to your society today.

Really where?

Okay Mike, we are done. Neither one of us is going to win this one.

I suppose we can both agree on that one. Peace man.

-Mike Petrucelli