 Off-Topic / Debate / 22525
Re: Hmm, so now state legislatures are practicing medicine...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:24:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz wrote:
So here's an interesting thought exercise related to this...

Personally I don't understand why they want to keep her body alive when all of
the doctors agree she is brain dead. What good is the empty shell?

Let's say the husband gets sick of this and brings a gun to the hospital to try
and shoot his wife, but gets stopped by a nurse. So then, the state of Florida
decides that that sounds like terrorism and puts the guy on trial for his life.
Could we then see the same government putting every resource into killing
someone while at the same time putting every resource into keeping that >person's wife alive?

The interesting part is I was thinking this might actually happen eariler today.

Can any pro-lifer not see the contradiction here?

Well I would not group anit-abortionists with the pro-life crowd. After all a
lot of those people belive "that shooting an Abortion Doctor is okay because of
the hundreds of lives it will save." I guess that is sort of digressing a bit
from the topic though. Or is that where you were headed?

-Mike Petrucelli