 Off-Topic / Debate / 22497
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 15:23:21 GMT

Let's see:

1. Mary, unemployed, but that's okay
2. Joseph, employed, but later disappears from all record
3. James, child by marriage
4. Jesus, child by a contemporaneous extramarital union who
   grows up to be executed for sedition

Doesn't sound like a traditional model to me.

Anyway, I referred to Jesus' {teaching}:

Well sure, but that wouldn't have been as funny!  8^)

Questions:

If you recognize same-sex marriage, do you also recognize 3-way marriages?
4-way?  Between siblings?  Between father/mother and legal age son/daughter?
I don't see how you can logically draw the line at same-sex marriages.  Why
don't we cut to the chase here?  As RM suggested elsewhere, aren't you really
just in favor of government not recognizing {any} unions?

Let's stipulate that by "marriage" I refer to the contract of marriage between
two or more willing parties, but I do not recognize any religious component as
necessary or central to that contract.

Having said that, I'll field your questions one at a time:

Q:  Do you recognize same-sex marriage?