 Off-Topic / Debate / 22480
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:38:46 GMT

The poblem is not in my or Dave!’s logic, it lies possibly in the language or words we are using to express our ideas.

Obviously, it is easier to talk about things in the positive rather than negative because in the negative you have to conjure an idea of the thing not believed in order to communicate what you don’t believe. The actual process of not believing is far easier than the expression of that non-act in language.

I can’t tell if you are just being a bit stubborn, or if you actually believe that there is an issue here...

Two weeks ago I did not believe in purple frogs, this week observable phenomena has proved otherwise. When and if God makes a surprise appearance to set us all straight on this matter of belief I will be happy to give him my strict attention and contrite apologies for everything I have said about him behind his unseen back.

-- Hop-Frog