 Off-Topic / Debate / 22479
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:18:51 GMT

   Saying that “Science cannot prove (either now or anytime in the future) the existence of God, therefore God does not exist” is the ludicrous assumption on your part, and is equally absurd scientifically.

Again, as a believer you are trying to frame the issue as circling around the issue of belief or faith -- and it is just not so.

I am not saying that God doesn’t exist. I am saying that there is no evidence of that possibility. Crying about that fact won’t make god appear at your doorstep.

Again, given that lack of evidence, I perform the non-act of not believing. Where in you the idea of god inspires a leap of faith, in me there is a void. An absence. Nothing. Zero.

If I may say so, your believing in God is about as sensible as believing that Iraq had WMD and posed and imminent threat to the world. Um, where’s the evidence for that?

It’s interesting how you can be just as exacting as myself on another subject. But when it comes to this faith issue, suddenly there is a special criteria for making your decision. Dave!, being more precise, calls this “special pleading.”

-- Hop-Frog