 Off-Topic / Debate / 22411
Re: Holy crap! And Hoppy thought he was the chief pagan :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:32:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Amusingly, I took a “What’s your belief” quiz at Belief.net, and I scored higher on the Christian scale and also on the “generally spiritual” scale than three born-again Christians whom I know. Either that test was really messed up, or they were!

This one?

01. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
02. Secular Humanism (96%)
03. Liberal Quakers (88%)
04. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (74%)
05. Nontheist (69%)
06. Theravada Buddhism (69%)
07. Neo-Pagan (62%)
08. Bahá’í Faith (59%)
09. Jainism (51%)
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (48%)
11. Jehovah’s Witness (48%)
12. Taoism (45%)
13. Mahayana Buddhism (43%)
14. Orthodox Quaker (43%)
15. New Age (40%)
16. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (37%)
17. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (32%)
18. Hinduism (32%)
19. Sikhism (32%)
20. Seventh Day Adventist (24%)
21. Reform Judaism (21%)
22. New Thought (19%)
23. Eastern Orthodox (17%)
24. Islam (17%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (17%)
26. Roman Catholic (17%)
27. Scientology (14%)

Hmmm, how about none of the above? I am at least a little annoyed by how high my LDS rating is...feh!

Actually, I consider myself aesthetically a neo-pagan chaos magician/fool with an abhorrence for dogmatic wiccans.

-- Hop-Frog

Haha! That was a great test. I out-neo-paganed the neo-pagan! I see the religion I was initially exposed to (inflicted with?) way down near the bottom. Interesting results. The religion I was initially raised in (inflicted with) is way down near the bottom, and Neo-Pagan, Liberal Christian, and Liberal Quaker near the top, as I expected. I was surprised at New Age, though I suppose that borrows from Neo-Pagan. Buddhism and Jainism come in from my study of eastern art (both of which I thought more interesting than their predecessor, Hinduism). Why the heck Scientology is not down there with Jehovah’s Witness, I’ll never know.

As to Unitarian Universalism: if I thought the ultimate truth was a retired badger suffering from halitosis and named Schwartz, the test would still read 100% for that faith, so there! :-)

Why Scientology isn’t at the bottom along with Jehovah’s Witness I’ll never know.

Can anyone (answering legitimately) out-pagan me?

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (97%)
3. Liberal Quakers (94%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)
5. New Age (84%)
6. Mahayana Buddhism (82%)
7. Reform Judaism (82%)
8. Secular Humanism (80%)
9. Bahá’í Faith (74%)
10. Jainism (71%)
11. Theravada Buddhism (71%)
12. Orthodox Quaker (65%)
13. Taoism (60%)
14. Sikhism (58%)
15. New Thought (56%)
16. Scientology (56%)
17. Hinduism (55%)
18. Orthodox Judaism (50%)
19. Nontheist (48%)
20. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (46%)
21. Islam (45%)
22. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (34%)
23. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (34%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (32%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (22%)
26. Roman Catholic (22%)
27. Jehovah’s Witness (19%)