 Off-Topic / Debate / 22439
Re: Holy crap! And Hoppy thought he was the chief pagan :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 05:49:29 GMT

Here's my results, answering all as accurately as I could, considering many of the
flawed answer choices:

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (99%)
3. Liberal Quakers (90%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (86%)
5. Nontheist (71%)
6. Neo-Pagan (66%)
7. Theravada Buddhism (64%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (56%)
9. New Age (54%)
10. Taoism (49%)
11. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (47%)
12. Orthodox Quaker (45%)
13. Mahayana Buddhism (44%)
14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (44%)
15. Reform Judaism (42%)
16. Jehovah's Witness (34%)
17. New Thought (34%)
18. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (33%)
19. Jainism (31%)
20. Sikhism (30%)
21. Scientology (29%)
22. Seventh Day Adventist (19%)
23. Hinduism (18%)
24. Eastern Orthodox (15%)
25. Islam (15%)
26. Orthodox Judaism (15%)
27. Roman Catholic (15%)

The flawed answer choices were the reason that ANY "major" religion got anything
over about 20%.  LSD at 47%?  Ha!

But I somehow out pagan-ed Hoppy ;-)

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:
Amusingly, I took a "What's your belief" quiz at Belief.net, and I scored
higher on the Christian scale and also on the "generally spiritual" scale
than three born-again Christians whom I know.  Either that test was really
messed up, or they were!

This one?

01. Unitarian Universalism (100%) ¬
02. Secular Humanism (96%) ¬
03. Liberal Quakers (88%) ¬
04. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (74%) ¬
05. Nontheist (69%) ¬
06. Theravada Buddhism (69%) ¬
07. Neo-Pagan (62%) ¬
08. Bahá'í Faith (59%) ¬
09. Jainism (51%) ¬
10. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (48%) ¬
11. Jehovah's Witness (48%) ¬
12. Taoism (45%) ¬
13. Mahayana Buddhism (43%) ¬
14. Orthodox Quaker (43%) ¬
15. New Age (40%) ¬
16. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (37%) ¬
17. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (32%) ¬
18. Hinduism (32%) ¬
19. Sikhism (32%) ¬
20. Seventh Day Adventist (24%) ¬
21. Reform Judaism (21%) ¬
22. New Thought (19%) ¬
23. Eastern Orthodox (17%) ¬
24. Islam (17%) ¬
25. Orthodox Judaism (17%) ¬
26. Roman Catholic (17%) ¬
27. Scientology (14%) ¬

Hmmm, how about none of the above? I am at least a little annoyed by how high
my LDS rating is...feh!

Actually, I consider myself aesthetically a neo-pagan chaos magician/fool
with an abhorrence for dogmatic wiccans.

-- Hop-Frog

Haha!  That was a great test.  I out-neo-paganed the neo-pagan!  I see the
religion I was initially exposed to (inflicted with?) way down near the bottom.
Interesting results.  The religion I was initially raised in (inflicted with) is
way down near the bottom, and Neo-Pagan, Liberal Christian, and Liberal Quaker
near the top, as I expected.  I was surprised at New Age, though I suppose that
borrows from Neo-Pagan.  Buddhism and Jainism come in from my study of eastern
art (both of which I thought more interesting than their predecessor, Hinduism).
Why the heck Scientology is not down there with Jehovah's Witness, I'll never
know.

As to Unitarian Universalism: if I thought the ultimate truth was a retired
badger suffering from halitosis and named Schwartz, the test would still read
100% for that faith, so there!  :-)

Why Scientology isn't at the bottom along with Jehovah's Witness I'll never
know.

Can anyone (answering legitimately) out-pagan me?

1.  Unitarian Universalism (100%) ¬
2.  Neo-Pagan (97%)  ¬
3.  Liberal Quakers (94%) ¬
4.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%) ¬
5.  New Age (84%) ¬
6.  Mahayana Buddhism (82%) ¬
7.  Reform Judaism (82%) ¬
8.  Secular Humanism (80%) ¬
9.  Bahá'í Faith (74%) ¬
10.  Jainism (71%) ¬
11.  Theravada Buddhism (71%) ¬
12.  Orthodox Quaker (65%) ¬
13.  Taoism (60%) ¬
14.  Sikhism (58%) ¬
15.  New Thought (56%) ¬
16.  Scientology (56%)  ¬
17.  Hinduism (55%) ¬
18.  Orthodox Judaism (50%) ¬
19.  Nontheist (48%) ¬
20.  Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (46%) ¬
21.  Islam (45%) ¬
22.  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (34%) ¬
23.  Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (34%) ¬
24.  Seventh Day Adventist (32%) ¬
25.  Eastern Orthodox (22%) ¬
26.  Roman Catholic (22%) ¬
27.  Jehovah's Witness (19%)  ¬