 Off-Topic / Debate / 22397
Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:04:42 GMT

   Therefore, the actions of those non-atheist murderers must be explained before atheism can uniquely be condemned for genocidal mania of this kind.

I must take exception to this hypothetical. It has in no way been shown that atheists have any special attraction towards genocide; whereas by contrast, I have elsewhere shown that people of the many Jewish or Xtian faiths must at least admit that a myth involving genocide is central to their faith.

   If the answer is “faith” once again, then I can only infer that the statement “I have faith” is the same as “I’ve stopped questioning it.” That, to me, is the height of intellectual dishonesty, if only to oneself.

Truer words were never written.

-- Hop-Frog