 Off-Topic / Debate / 22396
Re: Holy crap! Yggdrasil's taproots...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:04:27 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   In the sense that we were not formed in a vaccuum beyond the influence of the Judeo-Christian heritage, as say Russia was. Russia was founded as a secular nation.

I couldn’t say for sure, but I rather imagine the Rus were followers of the Norse gods. I just can’t imagine a bunch of Vikings being secular humanists. :-)

lol Really? Then you should visit Minnesota sometime;-) Actually, I meant the post Russian revolution USSR (as I’m sure you gathered)

Noooo, incorrect! The Vikings that migrated to Minnesota have set up a new religion that was formally worshipped every Sunday, but due to various schismatic cults (ESPN, FOX, CBS, ABC) now worship occasionally on Saturday, Thursday, and Monday (but only at night on the latter).

I’d do more of a parody there, but I’m all typed-out after the previous one. :-)

Bruce