 Off-Topic / Debate / 22392
Re: Holy crap! Yggdrasil's taproots...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:13:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   In the sense that we were not formed in a vaccuum beyond the influence of the Judeo-Christian heritage, as say Russia was. Russia was founded as a secular nation.

I couldn’t say for sure, but I rather imagine the Rus were followers of the Norse gods. I just can’t imagine a bunch of Vikings being secular humanists. :-)

lol Really? Then you should visit Minnesota sometime;-) Actually, I meant the post Russian revolution USSR (as I’m sure you gathered)

JOHN