 Off-Topic / Debate / 22371
Re: Imperiled!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:11:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

   Oh well, if you can’t fight the corporations with your vote, at least y’all have your guns, right?

Sometimes the sarcastic remark, intended to mock when uttered by the speaker, actually contains the germ of the truth.

If the legitimacy of our election process is imperiled as greviously as these articles allege (and it’s pretty scary stuff, no mechanism for audit or review, no backup mechanism, no way to tell if fraud has even been perpetrated, no paper audit trail, etc), and if we continue on our present path of more and more dishonoring of personal rights, there may be little other recourse than to start over.