 Off-Topic / Debate / 22315
  Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?

(...) Arnold admits to some of the charges and is a "good" guy and is "slimed"? How can he be slimed if he issues an apology, and a weak, vague one at that? Sounds more like it's the Times that is being slimed. (...) This really has nothing to do (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?

(...) Bruce, 4 things: 1. The LA Times devoted 3 reporters for 7 weeks to investigate the character of one of the candidates, while ignoring any character issues on the other candidates. Gray Davis, for instance, is said to have a bad temper and has (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?

(...) Okay, answer me this - would you assign 3 reporters to investigate bad temper when everyone involved is in one spot, or 3 reporters to investigate alleged criminal transgressions with the witnesses scattered about? Which is newsworthy? Davis (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?

(...) Character flaws? If true, the actions described are generally in the way of sexual assault. I might have a bad temper -- yeah, that's bad. But if I grope your wife, daughter, brother, son, or even you -- I've probably committed a crime! (...) (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This Californian Has Voted. Have You?

I think its all very funny but then I don't live in CA Tim (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)