 Off-Topic / Debate / 22272
Re: Moving without context
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:54:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tony Alexander wrote:
     All I wanted to do was point out that I thought Gregory Overkamp wasn't
being treated with the respect that I thought was inherent in this community.
He posted something I thought directly related to trains in the .trains
newsgroup, and was essentially told that he didn't belong because he's not
realistic enough.

Were we reading the same post?  I didn't see that in Larry's response at all.
We've had "fantasy trains" in .trains before and they were well received. It is
very easy to get the wrong impression from one line of text.

     I still think people need to lighten up.

Yes, and that goes for everyone.
     I'm not going to run away or stop posting, I'm not going to stop
frequenting Lugnet, and I'm not going to stop giving my opinion.

Good!  I don't have the time or the hook-up speed to search Brickshelf all the
time and rely on .trains for all the latest news and photos. I hope people
continue to post and remember that there are going to be 1 of 3 things happen:no
response; positive response; or negative response.

Play well,

Lawrence.