 Off-Topic / Debate / 2226
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:11:06 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

I hope you can see just how stupid-sounding what you just said was.

Interesting, I have the same feeling about most of what you utter as well.
Anyway, lets look into it.

Murder is
okay when done at the command of a military officer, but not okay when
otherwise?

That is one of the things that the military expects from you. If you don't like
it, don't be in the military. Murder, whether at war, or whatever, is always
serious, and never taken to be lightly. However, the military does need to kill
people sometimes.

Morality doesn't play into this at all; you just obey the orders
from above.  Did I read that right, or am I mis-interpreting what you are
saying?  Are you actually promoting the Nuremburg Defense?

You know, this is the most flagrant idiotic statements I have ever heard! How in
the world did you jump into this? Who said I support the Nuremberg Defense? I
was comparing today's military and what they expect of its soldiers. Unlike the
current use of the military to ensure diversity and pizza runs, the military
does expect to, if you are ordered, to attack, and destroy the enemy. If you
disagree with your orders, you can leave the US military (I think it is called a
dishonorable discharge. My Grandfather escaped from Germany before the beginning
of WW2, just so he would not have to serve in the German army. I think you need
to think a little before jumping into accusing me of defending the Nazi's. You
need to calm down, and think a little, before accusing me of being a Nazi, or
racist, or whatever, supporter. Totally unbelievable. >:(

Scott S.

Cheers,

Cheers, indeed.

- jsproat

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”