 Off-Topic / Debate / 22242
Re: Intercepted WMDs from Iraq?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:43:20 GMT

   http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_399454,00050004.htm

Has anyone else heard of this story? If true, it would be big news IMO-- I wonder why it hasn’t been picked up (by conservatives; I know why liberals might want to ignore it;-)

At this point a lot of people are in “don’t cry wolf with me any more” mode... I know I am.

We know Saddam had WMD at some point, that’s not in dispute, he used them on his own people.

We know Saddam was a very very bad man, that’s not in dispute,

We know Saddam was thumbing his nose at the UN, that’s not in dispute (if you’re reasonable, anyway).

But none of that made it our problem. Ya, we set him up, shame on us. Ya we should have helped clean up the mess. Ya, the UN wasn’t going to do it. But why us, why just us? France and Russia and Germany have as much or more culpability for selling him weapons and buying oil that he stole than we do. Why us? And why, if it is our responsibility, was it necessary to manufacture all this crapola?

++Lar