 Off-Topic / Debate / 22223
22222  |  22224
Subject:
Ted Koppel Brings the Pain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:30:26 GMT

Is Bush’s War in Iraq A “Brain XXXX”?

Edit: XXXX word in title censored for Lugnet

http://www.thenation.com/capitalgames/index.mhtml?bid=3&pid=977

“When we put our enlisted men and women in harm’s way, it had better count for something, It can’t be because some policy wonk back here has a brain XXXX of an idea of a strategy that isn’t thought out.”

Brain XXXX? That’s not quite a military term. But those are fighting words. And Zinni practically counseled his audience to rebel against the Bush administration. U.S. troops, he said, “should never be put on a battlefield without a strategic plan, not only for the fighting--our generals will take care of that--but for the aftermath and winning that war. Where are we, the American people, if we accept this, if we accept this level of sacrifice without that level of planning? Almost everyone in this room, of my contemporaries--our feelings and our sensitivities were forged on the battlefields of Vietnam, where we heard the garbage and lies, and we saw the sacrifice. We swore never again would we do that. We swore never again would we allow it to happen. And I ask you, is it happening again? And you’re going to have to answer that question, just like the American people are.”

Edit: XXXX words in the above passage censored for Lugnet

Marchers Worldwide Demand Iraq Pullout

-- Hop-Frog