 Off-Topic / Debate / 22184
    Globalization: The price of dignity —Richard Marchetti
   The price of dignity (URL) In the past two years, 500 export assembly factories have shut down in Mexico, throwing 218,000 workers on to the street. Their crime was the $1.26-an-hour base wage they were paid by companies such as Alcoa Fujikura to (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Globalization: The price of dignity —Jeff Szklennik
   (...) more like a global free-for-all (...) Sadly, it's not an equation to begin with, it's favoritism for the monetary/political elite. I agree completely that fair (livable) wages are a must. After I had stopped my drefting job due to burnout 2 (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)