 Off-Topic / Debate / 22118
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:59:50 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote:

snip

I went here: http://webapp.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/mortrate10.html

snip

   -- Hop-Frog

What a fascinating site.

Here’s a few figures--

1. What was tthe intent or manner of the injury? -violence-related

2. What was the cause or mechanism of the injury? -all injury

3. Select specific options. -United States, 2000-2000, and basically everyone...

Number of deaths--46,474

Now let’s change 2 to ‘firearms’

Number of deaths--27,657

60 percent of the violent deaths in your country in the year 2000, according to this website were due to *just* firearms. That leaves 40 percent for all other forms of violent death combined, including knives, axes, rope, baseball bats, and let’s not ferget driving over spouses with vehicles.

Nice.

Dave K