 Off-Topic / Debate / 22105
    Re: PRIORITY TRANSMISSION —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Ya, but so can cleaning up after worms and virii! These days, running directly connected to the internet without some sort of firewall between you and the rest of the world is not good, in my view. I was running that way for a while and was (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: PRIORITY TRANSMISSION —Richard Marchetti
   (...) In my view you always want both a router and a software firewall behind it. I just bought a Linksys BEFSR41 at Best Buy for $40 after the mail-in rebate. With a hub the thing expands to something like 50 DHCP/static IP boxes -- more than (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)