 Off-Topic / Debate / 22087
Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 17:59:46 GMT

As for the smoking thing--I'm pretty much on the fence--sueing tobacco
companies now 'cause we didn't know the harm of smoking...

I don't care about law suits, I care about information.  Whatever I do, I
believe in the right to enough information to make an educated decision.  I may
smoke tobacco infused with huge amounts of nicotine, I may ingest french fries
dripping with trans fat, I may eat rice created from a terminator breed  -- I
just want to *KNOW* what it *IS* before I consume it.  That's a right I do not
currently have. They look like apples on the shelf -- but is that all they are?

Before we go to war maybe we should be treated to a cost-benefit analysis of
where hundreds of billions of dollars could go.  Education vs. National
Healthcare Plan vs. Iraq War -- place your "X" in the appropriate box.

[ ] Education (U.S. style indoctrination/edu-macation)
[X] National Healthcare Plan (Gunshot wounds bandaged for freeeee!)
[ ] Iraq War (Sympathy for the Oil Industry)

-- Hop-Frog