 Off-Topic / Debate / 22061
  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

Related-- (URL) Bush escaped an Iraq row ... Why hasn't George Bush encountered the same storm of criticism in the US over his intelligence claims on Iraq as Tony Blair has received in the UK? " " In the end, George Bush did not need the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) The two ideas are not really related. An informed citizenry does not automatically follow just because of the mere existence of civil rights. The existence of civil rights should help one be an informed citizen, but it is in no way a political (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Marchetti wrote: <snip> (...) Can you then explain to me how Watergate happened, which, as far as I can see, was relatively benign in the 'grand scheme of things', got a president kicked out of office, and yet the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) Yeah, I agree. Here's the problem (and I thought I had touched on this before...ah, yes (URL)): public relations. We aren't having wars -- we are buying into a product. We aren't believing the lies -- the subject of public discourse is the lie (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) Apathy is rampant everywhere--what can one person do against the establishment? is the common consensus. As for the smoking thing--I'm pretty much on the fence--sueing tobacco companies now 'cause we didn't know the harm of smoking... The term (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) I don't care about law suits, I care about information. Whatever I do, I believe in the right to enough information to make an educated decision. I may smoke tobacco infused with huge amounts of nicotine, I may ingest french fries dripping (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) What a great typo! -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)