 Off-Topic / Debate / 22018
Re: It must be just me...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 14:45:11 GMT

Or are the conservatives of America all doing their best to raise a stink
about anythinkg to deflect attention from the man in charge.

Between the California recall (and the resultant circus thereof) to the 10
commandments in a courthouse...

  I don't have much time for elaborate conspiracy theories, but something has
occurred to me in all of this.  Democrats have approved all but a tiny handful
of Dubya's judicial appointees, and Republicans are howling about the few who've
been stalled (e.g., Estrada, Owen, and Pryor).  Estrada, at least, was resisted
on the grounds that he wouldn't commit to an opinion on any issue put before
him, and he was widely regarded as a far-right Stealth nominee (happily, he's
now bowed out of the race).  Pryor, however, is still on the list, and
Conservatives are ridiculously pushing a "Democrats hate Catholics" agenda.
Both of these, and many others, demonstrate clearly that some Conservatives will
happily sink to any depth to further an agenda.  Is it possible, therefore, that
Roy Moore's monumental hullabaloo was designed so that Alabama's Atty. Gen. Bill
Pryor can assume the role of humble-servant-of-the-law-despite-his-beliefs?
Previously, concerns have been voiced that Pryor's staunch Catholic beliefs
might interfere with his ability to uphold the laws of the land, specifically
re: Roe v. Wade.
  Might this whole debacle have been orchestrated simply to portray Pryor as a
man able to subordinate his Catholic faith to the duties of his office?

Of course, Pryor might honestly have been doing his job, but that's not as much
fun as speculating on The Men Behind The Curtain...

     Dave!