 Off-Topic / Debate / 21966
  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Dave, that was awesome. Though honestly I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. (...) Actually, while that's a good theory, I'm not sure it's exactly true. I recently heard the stats on ... uh... Maine or New Hampshire's (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) Ah, the perils of failing to include the 8^) Seriously, I'm not terribly caught up in the real-worldliness of PhDs, though I admit that the cliche about absentminded professors kind of gets on my nerves, too. (...) Hmm. That's interesting, and (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Finally--a use of public funding that I can really get behind!

(...) I grew up with two for parents... and look what that did to me. (...) No apology is necessary where no offense is taken, and I figured that if I wanted to post here where the numbers are decidedly against me, I better have thick skin anyway! (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)