 Off-Topic / Debate / 21810
  Re: Saving the Xtian Church From Itself

(...) Interesting, but perhaps you can explain some inconsistencies with that explanation. Not all Christian religions use the King James version of the bible - certainly the Catholics don't (and their views on homosexuality differ little from most (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Saving the Xtian Church From Itself

(...) I can't answer you question directly because I have not made an exhaustive survey on the subject from the perspective of non-English Xtian faiths, but I will answer it this way... You can use books like Strong's Concordance to get at a closer (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Saving the Xtian Church From Itself

(...) Any translation is subject to introducing error. Usually, though, Bible scholars seem for the most part encouraged that modern translations seem consistent any time they find a really old fragment. But I'm hardly enough of a Bible scholar to (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Saving the Xtian Church From Itself

(...) Yeah, I wouldn't be too sure about that either. The Dead Sea Scrolls supposedly have lengthy sexual passages like one where Noah speaks lyrically in the first person about the beauty of his wife Sarah's breasts. To me, nothing could be more (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)