 Off-Topic / Debate / 21734
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:22:38 GMT

  Good point, but here's something that's always bothered me.  Very often >we'll
see some menacing fellow onscreen brandishing a .45 or even a shotgun, and by
brandishing it he coerces some other character to undertake some action or
inaction.  But then, a minute or two later, the gun-toter *cocks* the thing >for
emphasis.

Exactly - for emphasis.  It's all Hollywood.  Common sense abandoned for
dynamics.

How dangerous is an uncocked weapon?

Splitting hairs here, but I was taught (back to the respect and responsibility
thing) that all guns are dangerous.  Always treat it as if it's loaded, don't
point it at something unless you intend to kill it, etc.  But I get your point.
:-)

-Chris