 Off-Topic / Debate / 2171
Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 03:41:09 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote:

Again, nonsense.  Governments are created to organize society, to provide
order.  Are you saying anarchy and chaos are *good*?

   Are you saying our government is good?  I think it is the best, but that
doesn't make it good, not even close.  I maintain that all governments are
designed to make those who run it rich at the expense of everyone else.  You
are a sensible person - how can you argue with that??

I don't usually like 'me too's, but I was going to say something much
like this.  Governments claim to be good, and for organization and
economy of scale, and they throw bones to the masses just enough to stay
in power - for a time.  But the reality is that the people pulling the
strings are getting rich and we're paying for it.

--Chris