 Off-Topic / Debate / 21627
Re: The Best of Backpedalling-next on Fox!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:00:17 GMT

From the "this-guy's-a-moron" dept.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/17/blair/index.html

"We won't be proven wrong," Bush said. "I believe that we will find the
truth. And the truth is he was developing a program for weapons of mass
destruction."

  Actually, "we" have already been proven wrong.  Rumsfeld pretty much
guaranteed us that the WoMD were stockpiled in and around Tikrit and Baghdad,
and these have been shown to be false.

  Honestly, this is the best part in my opinion:

Asked if he would take personal responsibility for the words in his own
speech, Bush said, "I take responsibility for putting our troops into action.
And I made that decision because Saddam Hussein was a threat to our security
and a threat to the security of other nations."

  Which is to say "I don't take responsibility for the words in my own speech,"
and to which we may add "unless those words are beneficially soundbyte-able for
me."

     Dave!