 Off-Topic / Debate / 21625
21624  |  21626
Subject:
The Best of Backpedalling-next on Fox!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:54:19 GMT

From the "this-guy's-a-moron" dept.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/07/17/blair/index.html

"
"We won't be proven wrong," Bush said. "I believe that we will find the truth.
And the truth is he was developing a program for weapons of mass destruction."
"

The "truth" before the war--

"We know SH has WoMD, we know he has the ability to use them.  He can launch an
attack within 45 minutes!"

"He was developing a program for WoMD"

Developing a proggram means you're in the process of laying the groundwork to
put down a foundation--the first shovel full of dirt's not even dug yet--you're
still haggling over the blueprint.  None of which makes for an 'imminent'
danger.  None of which dictates the forceful removal of the UN lead
investigation for a US lead one.  None of which, I repeat, none of which
justifies *any* intervention by the US in an issue that concerns the world in
general.

Trash the UN for being 'ineffective', as some here did before this fiasco, but
standing here at the other end, the UN looks alot more 'effective' at getting to
the truth of the matter as compared to the US 'keystone cops' bumbling
administration.

If this entire situation doesn't describe 'moronic', than I don't know what
does.  The sad part is that people are dieing because of the misleadership and
mismanagement of the US.

The truly sad part is that the supposed 'freeest society' on the planet has done
nothing, *nothing*, to fix this fiasco.  Rhetoric, obfuscation, backpeddaling,
and fingerpointing are the edicts coming down from on high.

Dave K