 Off-Topic / Debate / 21583
    Let's beat him with 700 clubs —Dave Schuler
   (URL) think the operative phrase in the piece is "prayer offensive." It certainly is in this case. As an interesting sidebar, and as a demonstration of his moral righteousness, Robertson is apparently a Charles Taylor All-Star: (URL) this we gather (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Let's beat him with 700 clubs —Richard Marchetti
   Well, at least he's not actually in a position of any real power. You can't prevent people from choosing what they want to listen to or regard as a valuable resource. I know Pat Robertson is painfully offensive for many of us, but you will find a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Let's beat him with 700 clubs —Dave Schuler
   (...) I definitely agree that people can listen to whatever they want (though it's a shame that Pat doesn't feel the same way). However, I question whether he (as head of the Christian Coalition (of the willing?) truly has no power. Within the last (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)