 Off-Topic / Debate / 2153
Re: Voluntary, private discrimination (Was: Disparicies in Sentencing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 06:30:28 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote
"Moz (Chris Moseley)" wrote:
I'm afraid I have to disagree with both of you. Take hate crimes. I do think
they should be discriminated against. You fry someone for a string of 1st
degree murders? OK, so do something worse for a string of dead Jews.

Whoa whoa whoa.  I was talking about expression, not homicide.  My right to
express myself extends as far as it doesn't impede on any of your rights.

Expression in what way? Larry seems to mean "anything at all that is legal
in any context". See my other posts :)

But I'm glad you mentioned felony crimes.  It's my contention that felony
crimes are justified in certain rare situations.

The way the law is written, I doubt it. Mostly there are big escape clauses
in those laws for situations like self defense (as well as delusional behaviour
and often stupidity as well - "I didn't know it was loaded").

Moz