 Off-Topic / Debate / 21462
  For Larry and other Libertarians

Though, to be said, Larry has mentioned (iirc) that he's a small 'l' libertarian... (URL) conservatives contend that virtually all economic and social institutions are better managed when privatized and unregulated. According to this libertarian (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For Larry and other Libertarians

(...) Nice in the sense that it's full of straw dogs like this one: "The only way for the Randvillians to deal with the free riders is to coerce labor on the levees, or assess taxes in lieu of labor. " \ Why don't you, as a thought experiment, see (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For Larry and other Libertarians

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) But how do you get around the idea that corporations *do* follow the bottom line. I mean, it's inherently what they do. And if the environment gets screwed in the process, that's their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For Larry and other Libertarians

(...) So in other words you agree that the posited free rider problem is just a red herring, then? I don't need to provide this cite for you to debunk it, then, but I will toss it in anyway: (URL) The whole rest of the article is riddled with (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)