 Off-Topic / Debate / 21464
Re: For Larry and other Libertarians
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:21:06 GMT

<snip>

The whole rest of the article is riddled with similar errors, as well as a great
deal of "group X is similar to group Y in the following respects and since group
X believe Z, Y must as well (when in fact it doesn't)" and even more of bashing
stuff like mixed-mode privatization...

ya, it's nice all right. Total waste of time.

But how do you get around the idea that corporations *do* follow the bottom
line.  I mean, it's inherently what they do.  And if the environment gets
screwed in the process, that's their problem.  It's what *has* happened with
business--they systematically ignored other things *for* the bottom line.

Is gov't 'intervention' a 'necessary evil'?

Dave K